Urban Designer7-10 years of experience - denver, co
Livable Cities Studio is a design studio based in Denver and focused on addressing the needs of the rapidly changing urban environment in our cities. Our work revolves around people and design with a social and environmental purpose, emphasizing the new and expanded roles of infrastructure, as a city-shaping agent, and the public realm in creating livable cities. Our studio culture is highly collaborative and promotes diversity and flexibility in the workplace. We value applicants who are excited to take on a variety of tasks, further develop our office culture, diversify our skillset, or otherwise expand our practice. We are looking for passionate, creative, and highly motivated individuals to join our team and help shape the future of our cities in a fun and stimulating environment.
Livable Cities Studio is looking for a full-time urban designer and project manager with 7-10 years of experience to join a growing team on a variety of urban design and landscape architecture projects focused on the planning and design of neighborhoods, streetscapes, urban parks, and plazas. Our ideal applicant would be invested in public projects, high-energy, organized, collaborative and outgoing with excellent communication, management and design skills, and some combination of experience with urban design and planning, and detailed conceptual design of parks, plazas, and streetscape projects.
Required skills must include
- Exceptional urban design skills with demonstrated experience of urban design plans, design standards and guidelines, zoning, public realm, and mobility design. Must have demonstrated experience participation in 3+ urban design plans, zoning code, or associated design standard and guideline efforts.
- Understanding and applied experience with public/community engagement, stakeholder participation, facilitation, and planning/design processes requiring community or stakeholder involvement.
- Project management experience, including ability to develop scope, manage project budgets, pursue business development opportunities, lead client interactions, manage consultant team coordination, meetings, and lead presentations.
- Experience applying climate resilient approaches to urban design and planning, such as applied green street design and/or sustainable infrastructure design.
- Experience writing and preparing urban design documents and plans, including master plan documents, design standards and guidelines, vision and framework plans.
- Design experience and proficiency in developing urban design content in the areas of urban parks and plazas, streetscapes, and public realm projects, including knowledge of all phases of planning, design, and entitlements.
- Desire to work in collaborative teams and previous experience leading interdisciplinary design and planning efforts, including experience mentoring younger staff.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up or other 3D applications and Adobe Creative Suite.
What You’ll be Getting:
- Opportunities to grow, learn, and take on leadership roles in a collaborative and supportive studio environment.
- A flexible work environment with a hybrid weekly schedule (3 days in the office).
- A dog-friendly office with a work/life balance.
- Support for training and professional development based on your interests and career growth.
- A highly collaborative work culture and an approachable team and engaged principals.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Paid time off (PTO) starting with 15 days off per year and increases with more time at the firm.
- Full Health benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental.
- 401k plan
- Compensation range: $70,000-$95,000, dependent on experience.
- Year-end performance bonus.
- Significant company contributions to transit passes or annual bike maintenance costs.
- Company sponsored professional memberships.
Applicants should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture and/or Architecture, a Master’s in Urban Design or an equivalent degree. A minimum of 6 years working in an office environment is required.
Please send a cover letter, resume, work samples and one work reference to email@example.com. Work examples must include implemented projects. Please include “Urban Designer” in the subject line. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
3827 Lafayette St #135
Denver, Colorado 80205