Community Connector – La Alma Lincoln Park
Are you passionate about La Alma-Lincoln Park? A lover of conversation and community connection? We need you!
In partnership with Denver Parks and Recreation, the La Alma-Lincoln Park master plan project team is seeking a part-time community connector to support with community outreach efforts during the La Alma-Lincoln Park Master Plan process. We believe that community voices are essential to understanding the neighborhood’s hopes, concerns, and desires for the future of the park. We are seeking a self-motivated, trusted, connected and passionate person to support our work in connecting with the community. A willingness to be flexible and take on a variety of tasks is essential to this role. The ideal candidate is deeply connected to the La Alma-Lincoln Park community and interested in how future park improvements can continue to shape and support the community in positive ways. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working with people to inform the future improvements to La Alma-Lincoln Park.
Livable Cities Studio is a planning and landscape architecture firm based in Denver, Colorado and has been hired by Denver Parks and Recreation to work collaboratively with the community in developing a master plan for La Alma Lincoln Park. Our approach is highly collaborative and promotes community voices through our design process.
Ideal characteristics of a community connector include:
- Self-motivated, connected and trusted within the La Alma-Lincoln Park community
- Someone who loves La Alma Lincoln Park and is excited about future improvements
- Willing to meet people and engage in conversations around hard topics
- Ability to share information and report out in an objective way
- Strong preference for someone who lives in La Alma-Lincoln Park
- Desire to work in collaborative teams and previous experience with community outreach
The community connector role will focus on the following:
- Meet regularly with project team to coordinate outreach efforts
- Share project information through emails, flyers, conversations, and other channels of communication that are effective in the community
- Provide ideas and feedback on the best ways to engage the larger community
- Attend and help facilitate engagement activities at Stakeholder Advisory Committee and public meetings
- Conduct surveys with the public and hold one-on-one conversations at key points in the process
- Help spread the word about online surveys and public meetings for the project
- Bring forward community concerns about the La Alma-Lincoln Park Master Plan to project team if/when they arise
- Participate in a video telling the story of the park and project
- Solicit and coordinate volunteer opportunities for supporting community engagement for the master plan process
- Help to build trust between residents and the project team
- Have 4-10 hours per week of availability
If interested, please fill out a nomination form, found here. You can nominate yourself or someone you believe would be a great candidate for this role. A brief written statement should be provided highlighting the nominated person’s background, why they are interested in the role/why you think they would be a good fit, and how much time they have available to support as a community connector. Nominations are open through October 12, 2022. Following the nomination, a resume and brief interview will be required with the shortlisted candidates.
Selection is expected by mid/late October.
Time needed from community connectors can be flexible based on the candidate’s availability. Hours will vary between approximately 4-10 hours per week. Work schedule will be set by Livable Cities Studio in collaboration with the community connector. While many of the hours worked can be flexible, time will be required during pre-determined focus group meetings, advisory committee meetings, and public meetings some of which will be in the evenings and on weekends. Most work can be done remotely with some in-person and office meetings.
Candidates should have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 18 years of age. Ideal candidates have experience working on projects in a collaborative setting for at least 1 year.
This position is variable part-time from October 2022 through June 2023. The selected community connector will be hired as a part-time employee of Livable Cities Studio for this duration.
Compensation is $20-$25/hour depending on experience. No benefits. For any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
3827 Lafayette St #135
Denver, Colorado 80205